© Justine @LivinginEastSheen.co.uk
As quoted by the Friends of Palewell Common….
Dear Friend of Palewell Common
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING – 7.30PM 19 MAY, ALL SAINTS CHURCH HALL, PARK AVENUE.
Please join us for the Annual General Meeting of the Friends of Palewell Common which will take place at 7.30pm on Monday 19 May at All Saints Church Hall, Park Avenue.
The meeting will elect the Committee for the coming year. If you would like to become a member of the Committee please do put your name forward – either in advance by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at the meeting itself.
At the meeting we will also be providing reports on
What has been happening on the Common over the last year including
- the impact the Council’s new maintenance contractors have had on the physical environment of the Common
- sports activities and the sports facilities
- community events which took place on the Common over the last year
The activities of the Friends of Palewell Committee
- to improve communication with members – for example to update our website and provide information about birds and fungi on the common
- to promote more sport on the Common –representatives of Sheen Common Cricket and Glendale Golf will be present
- the conservation work we have been doing in the woodland to clear brambles and open up new areas
Our plans for the future including
- a new nature walk through the woodland
- improvements to the sports facilities
- liaising with Richmond Council about the management of the Common
We think it is very important for the local community to have a say in the future of the Common. Please do come along to tell us what you think and hear about what we have been doing.
There will also be an opportunity to talk to members of the Committee and others present over a drink after the formal business.
Could I also remind those of you who have not already renewed that annual subscriptions of £10 are now due for the 2014 year.
If you with to look at the Friends of Palewell Common website which has the joining information, please click here.