Annual Mortlake Summer Fair, Saturday, June 24th at the Stag Brewery playing fields in Mortlake.
A little bit of background on the fair:
Quoted by one of the parents from St Mary Magdalen’s school
Organised by the parents of St Mary Magdalen’s Catholic Primary School in conjunction with the Mortlake Community Association, the Fair is a popular family event that attracts approximately 2,500 visitors and brings together the local community for a day of fun and camaraderie. As well as being great fun it is also the chief fund-raiser for our school and as a result of the recent cutbacks (approximately £150 per child) it is more important than ever that this year’s Summer Fair is a success.
One of our main goals this year is to raise enough money to purchase an additional 16 iPads so that eventually EVERY child within our school has access to an iPad providing an invaluable resource for learning. In addition to this we hope to raise the money to fund the Easy Grass needed for an area at the back of the school used by the Reception Children so that this space can be used to its full potential in all weather conditions. Due to the popularity of the fair and the support we have received in the past we believe that the above is achievable.
Come and join one of your local fairs, here you will find:
- Live music from The Grateful Dads, Jade & Kyle Stanger, music theater singers Genevieve & Elisa and a Choir from St. Mary Magdalen’s mini-singers.
- Enjoy delicious food and drink available from the BBQ.
- “The Mortlake Market” with arts and crafts, vintage, artisan, homewares & fresh products from local business and charities.
- We will also have raffle prizes, Punch and Judy, beautiful performances by The little dancer’s school of dance, The Manton School of Irish Dancers, The St. Mary Magdalen’s Zumba Dance Crew,
- The Pee Wee kid’s Karate demonstration, bouncy castle and children’s games.”
We look forward to seeing you there, Justine